Yarra Valley Wine Tasting
Spend the day tasting some of Victoria wines. We visit approx 3 to 4 vineyards for you to sample the local wines.
Suitable for all ages (need to be 18 years to taste the wine)
- See the wonderful Yarra Valley
- Taste some of the wines that the region offers
- Stop at the quaint village of Healesville for lunch
- Small groups, max 11 passengers
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free wine tasting
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 10 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- We drive east of Melbourne directly to Yarra Valley, regarded as one of Victoria‘s best wine regions
- The region has a rich history of viticulture and wine making that goes back 150 years, but it has only been in the past 15 years that it has once again come to the forefront as a significant wine and tourism destination
- Our first vineyard Yering Station, is the oldest in the Yarra Valley
- After Yering Station we then head to Punt Road, which is a smaller vineyard
- After the wine tasting a Punt road you then have an option to have a paddle tasting as an add on extra :- This is held in the gardens at the new Orchard Bar at Punt Road.
- Cider Taster (Napoleone Apple Cider, Napoleone Pear Cider, Louis Hard Cider) This incurs a surcharge of $12
- Pomme Taster (Fresh Apple Cocktail, Napoleone Apple Cider, Chateau du Breuil Calvados) This incurs a surcharge of $18
- Then it is time for lunch, there are two option to choose from :-
- Stop at Rochford for some more wine tasting , followed by a 2 course lunch, including glass of wine. This incurs a surcharge of $60
- Continue to the village of Healesville, where you have a large variety of cafes to choose from. (This is at your own cost). After lunch browse at some of the local shops.
- After lunch we head to the our final vineyard for the day.
- After lunch we head to the famous Domain Chandon, for some more tastings.
- Domaine Chandon also offers a self-guided tour showing the process of making sparkling wine
- After an enjoyable afternoon of wine tasting we return to Melbourne
- Note: The order and vineyards might alter, due to availability and unforeseen circumstances
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 4.30 pm
- Note: The Yarra Valley also is home to some great breweries as well as one of the best gin distillers, namely Four Pillars Gin
- If you want to visit any of these venues or want to visit different vineyards, a private customized tour can be arranged
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
The Yarra Valley is Victoria’s oldest wine region, dating back to 1838, and has garnered a global reputation for its chardonnay and pinot noir. The Yarra Valley is also known for its local breweries and artisan cider producers. The regions latest secret is the best gin from Four Pillars Distillery………
An excellent personal tour of the Yarra Valley. We were lucky as being the only four people on our tour and Walter, our leader, was brilliantly accommodating in where we went and what we did. An excellent day out.
Date of experience: February 2020 PeaEmm Derby, United Kingdom
great tour for the price! I spent some time researching Yarra Valley wine tours for some time, and I have no regrets choosing this one. The bus driver was punctual, friendly, and relaxed which made for an enjoyable day that went at our own pace. We went to Domaine Chandon, as well as some nearby wineries including Oakridge, Yering Station, and Punt Road. All of the tasting costs were covered in the tour price. I booked this tour through the Big Bus Tour and received a discount for subscribing to their youtube channel! at around $60 for a day of visiting wineries, tasting wines, and having lunch at a great burger place (which had vegan and gf options), it was well worth!!!
Happiness16256691035 Oct. 2018Melbourne, Australia