Yarra Valley Gourmet Wine, Lunch and Gin tasting
Spend the day wine tasting in the picturesque Yarra Valley. Enjoy a two course gourmet meal at Coombe Yarra Valley, the heritage property once lived in by Dame Nellie Melba. The meal includes a glass of wine and a cheese platter. You’ll also have a chance to taste a range of their elegant boutique wines. The grand finale of the day is a gin tasting at the world famous Four Pillars Distillery in Healesville.
Suitable for adults (need to be 18 years to taste the wine)
- See the wonderful scenic Yarra Valley
- Sample some of the wines that the region offers
- Have a two course gourmet lunch at Coombe winery
- Enjoy some world famous gin at Four Pillars Distillery
- Small groups, max 11 passengers
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free wine tasting
- Gourmet Lunch with glass of wine
- Cheese platter
- Gin tasting
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 10 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- We drive east of Melbourne directly to the Yarra Valley, regarded as one of Victoria‘s best wine regions
- The region has a rich history of viticulture and wine making that goes back 150 years. Over the past 15 years the Yarra Valley has come to the forefront as a significant wine and tourism destination
- Our first vineyard is Yering Station. The vineyard is the oldest one in the Yarra Valley
- After Yering Station we make our way to Coombe Yarra Valley. This unique property was once the home of world famous opera singer Dame Nellie Melba and offers you a sophisticated wining and dining experience. The winery is surrounded by seven acres of exquisite established gardens, designed by William Guilfoyle.
- Two course meal with a glass of Coombe Polo Series wine
- Lunch is followed by wine tasting accompanied with a cheese platter.
- We then make a way to Four Pillars Distillery in Healesville for Gin tasting
- After an enjoyable afternoon of wine tasting, a sensational lunch and some high quality Four Pillars Gin, we return to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 6.30 pm
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket
- Warm clothes
- Camera (spare battery and memory card )
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
The Yarra Valley is Victoria’s oldest wine region, dating back to 1838, and has a global reputation for its cool climate varietals – chardonnay and pinot noir. The Yarra Valley is also known for its breweries and artisan cider producers. The Four Pillars Distillery has grown in size and popularity since it opened in 2015. The lines outside on weekends are testament to the quality of their product.
Be the first to review us about Yarra Valley Gourmet Wine, Lunch and Gin tasting
Tell us about your experience on this Yarra Valley Gourmet Wine, Lunch and Gin tasting