Ultimate 2 Day Great Ocean Road Tour
See The Great Ocean Road the right way and spend two full days along this amazing coast line. We look for kangaroos and koalas and even whales during the winter season.
Suitable for all ages
- See Kangaroos and Koalas
- Visit multiple waterfalls
- Visit a Lighthouse
- See the 12 Apostles in the morning
- Enough time to enjoy every stop
- Optional Helicopter flights
- Optional Otway Wildlife Wonders Dusk Tour
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free morning tea on each day
- Free chilled water for each day (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free fresh fruit each day
- Free park entry
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 6.30am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- (we stay ahead of the other buses allowing you to enjoy the stops)
- Torquay & morning tea
- Bells Beach – look for Kangaroos
- Visit Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
- Aireys Inlet – visit Split Point lighthouse & boardwalk
- Memorial Arch
- Visit Erskine Falls
- Lorne, lunch stop, explore the town, shops, beach & more
- Visit Sheoak Waterfalls
- Scenic lookouts along the road
- Look for Koalas in the Kennett River area
- Watch the wild parrots
- Visit Mariner’s Lookout in Apollo Bay
- Time to explore Apollo Bay – take a swim
- Optional Otway Wildlife Wonders Dusk Tour (extra cost,see details below)
- Apollo Bay – spend the night
Otway Wildlife Wonders Dusk Tour
Wildlife Wonders is a wildlife sanctuary that offers guests a unique glimpse into the wild Otways. Visitors enjoy a 90-minute guided walk through lush tree fern gullies, eucalypt woodlands and past spectacular ocean vistas, all with their unique inhabitants. Your conservationist guide will share with you the secrets of these plants and animals who call the Otways home. As the sun sets over the hills of the Otways, potoroos, bandicoots, pademelons and more are waking up and starting their active nights of feeding and foraging. And you can spot them as they emerge for the evening.
Includes: 90-minute walk with a conservationist guide through the Sanctuary; mezze plate of local delights; beer, wine or soft drink.
Age restrictions: For participants aged 10 and over.
- Depart Apollo Bay at 6.15 am
- Maits Rest – temperate rain forest walk
- Castle Cove
- Otway Forest
- Lavers Hill – morning tea
- Gibson Steps
- See the 12 Apostles
- Helicopter flight available
- Loch Ard Gorge, Razorback, Island Archway
- Port Campbell – lunch stop, beach and shops
- The Arch
- London Bridge
- The Grotto
- Bay of Martyrs
- Bay of Island
- Return back to Melbourne via Colac travelling through dairy farm country
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 6 pm
As this is an overnight tour , we ask that you keep your luggage for the tour to a small /medium size suitcase or bag, plus a carryon handbag or small backpack. We request that you leave all your large luggage at your accommodation in Melbourne.
If you are unable to leave your large luggage , please email us with total number luggage plus size of each item, we will try our best to accommodate your extra luggage. THANKS
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Comfortable walking shoes
Apollo Bay Echo YHA
- Free dorm bed in a shared room is included
- NOTE: Dorm beds are not guaranteed to be in the same dorm. Beds might be split over multiple rooms
- You are welcome to upgrade to the following at an extra cost …
- Private Double room (sleeps 2) $111 per room
- Private Twin room (sleeps 2) $111 per room
- Private room (sleeps 4, bedding configuration vary from room to room) This would be suitable for triple and quad share $133 per room
- Private Family room (sleeps 5, bedding configuration vary from room to room) $177 per room
- All rooms have shared bathrooms, toilet and kitchen and lounge area
- Must bring own bath towel
- If fully booked, we make use of other backpackers in Apollo Bay
- You are also welcome to source and book alternative accommodation in Apollo Bay village (own cost)
- Please let us know your accommodation choice when you make the booking
The ultimate 2 day Great Ocean Road tour is our flagship product. This is the tour that most travellers choose. See the Great Ocean Road the correct way and spend 2 day with Around And About
Brilliant Trip – Highly Recommended! I booked this trip, as I really wanted to travel the Great Ocean Road, but did not want (or have time to) hire a car, and drive it myself. I compared every Great Ocean Road tour available, and determined that this one was the most comprehensive. I booked my tour at a time when there were very few people booking tours, and I was really worried that I would not be able to do this tour. But AAAT really came through, even though the tour was smaller than they usually require to run.
The trip itself was amazing. We left early both days – which was great, as we avoided a lot of the other tours, and got to enjoy the sights more. The tour guide, Walter was great – he shared a lot of interesting information about the locations we visited, and was great at pointing out local wildlife, like kangaroos and koalas!
All the stops were well planned, and there was plenty of time at each place. Every stop was certainly worth the visit! At the 12 Apostles, there is an option to go on a helicopter ride over the Apostles, and other land (ocean) marks along the coast. Highly recommended! It’s absolutely stunning!
This tour had plenty of stops where you could fill up a water bottle, go to the bathroom etc. And the food options available at lunch and dinner stops were plentiful – nice cafes, fish and chip shops and so on. Accommodation is adequate – it’s nothing fancy, but as long as you’re comfortable sharing a room with other people, it’s fine.For the cost, this tour can not be beat!
MeganLouise90 Feb. 2020
Great value trip I really enjoyed this trip and thought it was very good value. Walter, our driver and guide, was friendly and informative. He was keen for us to avoid the crowds as far as possible, so this meant a couple of early starts, but it was worth it. I stayed in the youth hostel (a first) but it was clean and comfortable and more than adequate. We only had 5 on the trip so had plenty of room in the minibus. I would thoroughly recommend the trip.
Catherine B Feb. 2020
Excellent 2-Day Great Ocean Road Tour.A most enjoyable 2-day trip. Walter, the owner of “Around and About” (the tour operator) was our driver and guide. My wife and I were among the total of 8 persons in the 11-passenger van. Walter did a enjoyable and enlightening job of efficiently handling everything. He provided insights, showed us the amazing sites as described in the listing, showed much concern to ensure we were all being fully satisfied and even delighted. And we were truly delighted. We departed Melbourne 6am on the first morning, saw the sights listed for that day, and spent the night in Apollo Bay. The youth hostel there was fine, no problem. My wife and I much enjoyed our delicious evening meal at the Great Ocean Road Brewhouse, where we ordered Kangaroo steak. So delicious. The 2nd day was equally enjoyable. We saw koalas, kangaroos, other animals in the wild. We were very pleased to have lots of opportunities to get out of the van at the numerous stops, to take photos and often enough time to take some short (15 – 45 minute) walks. Our 2nd day, we returned back to Melbourne ~ 5pm. We loved it all. We highly recommend.
1Vagabond_Traveler Feb. 2020 Tennessee115