Learn to Surf Tour
Looking for some fun, why not learn to surf. You have a lesson in the morning and then you get the afternoon to practice what you learnt.
Suitable for all ages above 7
- Visit Torquay surf shop district
- Visit Surf museum at Torquay
- Learn to Surf Lesson
- Practice surfing after your lesson
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Morning tea
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free surf lesson in the morning
- Free use of surf board and wetsuit to practice in the afternoon
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 6.30 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- We travel west out of Melbourne to direct to Torquay, the surf capital of Victoria
- First stop is the foreshore of Torquay for morning tea
- Then it’s onto Angelsea for your 2 Hour surf lesson
- After lesson it’s time to grab some lunch in the village (own cost)
- After lunch we go back to the water, to practice what you have learnt in the morning
- At 3 pm we head back to Torquay
- We spend the next 2 hours visiting the surf museum and shopping at all the major brand surf shops
- At 5pm we head back to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 6.30pm
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
Join us for one of Australia’s favourite outdoor sports – SURFING!