Phillip Island Penguin Parade
Let us show you the Little Penguins of Phillip Island. This tour highlights Victoria’s wildlife. Our first stop is the wonderful wildlife park where you will get to see a range of Australian native animals. There are dingoes, koalas, echidnas, cassowaries and, of course, many many kangaroos. We then head to Cowes, the largest village on the island, then on to the Penguin Parade for the sunset viewing of the Little Penguins returning home to their burrows after a day of fishing.
Suitable for all ages
- See the penguins (the smallest penguins in the world)
- Visit the wildlife park
- Visit Cowes
- Stroll along the boardwalk at the Nobbies
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free entry to the wildlife park
- Free entry to Penguin Parade (general admission, upgrade options are available)
- Free park fees
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 11.30 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- We head south of Melbourne directly to Phillip Island
- After our 2 hour journey our first stop is the fishing village of San Remo just before the bridge to Phillip Island (short stop for some refreshment and toilet)
- The first stop on Phillip Island is the Phillip Island wildlife park, where you will have the opportunity to see the kangaroos and view many other Australian native animals including koalas (Currently were are visiting Maru Koala and Animal Park instead)
- Then it is on to Cowes, the local village on the island. Here you will be able to explore some of the local shops, purchase some refreshments (own cost) and enjoy a stroll on the local beach
- We then travel to the Nobbies, a rugged rocky outcrop and seal rock. Here you will get the chance to walk along the boardwalk and enjoy the amazing view of the ocean
- Finally we head to the Penguin Parade to watch the penguins returning to their nests after a day at sea
- There are various options to upgrade your Penguin Parade experience, subject to availability
- After the penguins we head directly back to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 11.30 pm (summer) and 9 pm (winter)
- Note: We also offer private customized tours to Phillip Island. These can either be a one day or longer. Some of the other Island activities available are:-
- Visit to the Grand Prix track, entry to History of Motorsports, Gardens and Circuit Viewing area, HSV Hot Laps (3 fast laps as a passenger in a V8 Special Vehicle)
- Visit Churchill Heritage farm
- Chocolate factory
- Koala conservation centre
- Visit A Maze N Thing Theme Park for some fun and challenges
- Spend a few hours on the water looking for whales or visit Seal Island
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Bathers and Towel
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
Each night at sunset you’ll be amazed by the Little Penguins returning ashore after a day’s fishing in the ocean. See the world’s smallest penguin in its natural environment. As the sun fades in the sky, Little Penguins waddle up the beach to the safety of their homes in the sand dunes.
I wanted a stereotypical Australian animal experience, but I feel like I got so much more than that. Walter, despite the awful weather trekked thru kangaroo fields with us to give us the best experience we could. He was patient, while we took all our pictures and even took some for us. He offered great commentary along the way and gave us great advice about seating at the penguin parade. The penguins are beyond words. Highly recommended.
Date of experience: September 2019 TravellingCanadian5 Canadian
Phillip Island Tour.We had an excellent time on the tour. Around And About was super flexible on the booking. I was able to email Walter to set up a day for tour since all the other days were taken or we weren’t available. When Walter picked us up we were surprised to find out that we were the only ones on the tour! We had a private tour! Walter gave very good instructions during the tour and was very knowledgeable as well. He was very accommodating throughout the whole trip and took good care of us. I would recommend this tour to anyone that goes to Melbourne!
seraphian38 Sep. 2015 Orange, California