One Day Great Ocean Road
Do you want to see the Great Ocean road and only have a day to spare, this is the tour for you.Our One Day Great Ocean Road cover all the highlights that the road as to offer. We travel inland first,through Colac and then join the Great ocean road at Port Campbell. We travel along the great ocean road all the way to Australia famous Bells Beach.
Suitable for all ages
- See the highlights of the Great Ocean Road in a day
- Visit the 12 Apostles in the morning. (before it gets busy)
- Leave early, avoid the crowds and traffic
- Small group, max 11 passengers
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free parks fees
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 6.15 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- We stay ahead of the other buses allowing you to enjoy the stops
- We travel in land passing via Colac travelling through dairy farm country direct to the London Bridge
- We stop at Colac for toilets and a drink (own cost)
- We join the great Ocean road at Port Campbell
- Our first stop on the Great ocean road is the infamous London Bridge
- The Arch
- Port Campbell
- Loch Ard Gorge, Razorback, Island Archway
- 12 Apostles
- Helicopter flight available (own cost)
- Strop at Lavers Hill for lunch (own cost)
- We travel through the Otway Forest
- Maits Rest temperate rainforest walk
- Look for Koalas and wild parrots in the Kennett River area
- Stop at some wonderful scenic lookouts to take the magnificent great ocean road
- Lorne Quick stop to view the beach and visit the local shops
- Memorial Arch
- Fairhaven Beach
- Bells Beach – look for Kangaroos
- Return back to Melbourne via the freeway
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 6 pm
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Bathers and Towel
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
For the travellers that need to tick off thier bucket list, let Around And About show you the highlights of this wonderful great ocean road.
Wonderful Visit to Great Ocean Beach Road. The tour was really excellent. I would rate Walter exemplary and saw him going above and beyond. The personal touch in a small group can be experienced here and Walter made the program really interesting. I strongly recommend thus tour.
gouvila Jan. 2020
Excellent tour. Review of: Full-Day Great Ocean Road Tour from Melbourne. It was more than what we expected, we went to all the stops they offer, the guide was very kind and he was explained us everything about the road. The timetable was like the expected.
Roger Oct. 2019
Great Ocean Road Fabulous day trip to great ocean road with Walter as our guide. The trip takes in shipwreck, otway forest and surf coast on the GOR. Stopped off to see Koalas, Kangaroos and feed the parrots. I would really recommend the trip.
Al’s Trips Oct. 2019