Mt Macedon Ranges And Daylesford
Lets us show you some of Victoria best’s hidden secrets. We visit Mt Macedon to view an amazing lookout, then head to the famous Hanging Rock. Then it is onto Daylesford for an art gallery, time to browse the local shops and lunch.
Suitable for all ages
- See country Victoria
- Visit Mt Macedon
- Climb to the top of Hanging Rock (if you want or view from the bottom)
- Visit Trentham Falls
- Visit Daylesford
- Visit Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free entry into Daylesford Covent Gallery
- Free entry to Hanging Rock
- Free entry to Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 7.30 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- Travel north directly to Mt Macedon to enjoy the wonderful views and the magnificent memorial cross
- After enjoying Mt Macedon, we head down the mountain to the famous Hanging Rock. For the energetic travellers, you will get the chance to climb to the top
- Then it is onto Daylesford. Our first stop is the local convent gallery, then you have free time to explore the village and purchase some lunch (own cost). There are many wonderful shops, restaurants and galleries in Daylesford
- After lunch we head to Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm (if open, as they only open on selected days), where you will find all different varieties of lavender products. You will be able to explore their property taking in all the different lavender that they grow
- Our final stop of the day is the beautiful Daylesford lake. Stretch your legs, and enjoy the stunning views
- We then return directly back to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 5 pm
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
Picnic at Hanging Rock is an Australian historical fiction novel by Joan Lindsay. Picnic At Hanging Rock has long been shrouded in mystery. Set in 1900, it is about a group of female students at an Australian girls’ boarding school who vanish at Hanging Rock while on a Valentine’s Day picnic, and the effects the disappearances have on the school and local community. But is the plot—an eerie re-telling of a tragic event—based on a true story? Some say yes, some say no.
Great relaxing day tour from Melbourne. We took a day tour to Daylesford and it was really nice and relaxing, our guide Mr. Walter is also very kind and patient. We really enjoyed the trip and I would definitely recommend Around and About Tours to everyone 🙂
Oxyyin Jul. 2018