Spend the day at the snow. Mt Buller is Melbourne’s closest snow field and it offers something for everyone. Build a snowman with the kids, try tobogganing or purchase a sightseeing lift ticket and try skiing or snow boarding (pre-book your lessons). For experts, get your lift ticket and spend the whole six hours on the slopes. There are plenty of cosy cafe, restaurants and bars for you to enjoy
Suitable for all ages
- Spend the day at the snowfields
- We leave early, so that you have a full 7 hours of fun on the snow
- The day is yours, plenty to choose from
- Small safe vehicle for travelling in snow area
- Space for your equipment
- Receive 20% discount on equipment hire for Discount Ski Hire in Mansfield
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free entry into Mt Buller
Due to the early start for our snow tour , we only pickup at St Paul’s Cathedral at 4.40am.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email.
At the end of the tour we will drop off at the corner of Collins and Elizabeth Street. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 4.45 am
- Note: Only 1 pickup point, we leave on time, so please make sure you are at the pickup point at least 5 minutes before departure
- We depart from St Paul’s Cathedral, Flinder Street at 4.45am sharp. (Directly opposite Federation Square, diagonally opposite Flinder’s street station)
- Snow season start Late June and run through to early September
- For those that require ski equipment or clothing we stop at Discount Ski Hire in Mansfield. You will receive a 20% discount on any equipment that you hire. We keep this stop as short as possible, so make sure you know what you need for the day
- Around 8 am we head up to the mountain to reach the main car park of Mt Buller around 9 am
- Once on the mountain the day is all yours to experience the wonderful views, explore the mountain and ski or snowboard the slopes. A free shuttle bus operates from the car park to the village and smaller shuttle buses operate within the village
- There are numerous shops and restaurants within the village
- For those that need lessons there are various ski lessons that operate during the day. Please see Mt Buller’s website for details and prices
- We recommend that you pre-purchase lift passes and lessons to save you time on the day. Online specials are often available during ski season
- Lift pass, ski schools, ski hire and meals are all available at your own expense
- At 4 pm we head back to Mansfield to return the equipment before heading home to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 8 pm
For those that don’t want to travel to Mt Buller we do also offer private tours to Lake Mountain. Note: Only snow and toboggan play available at Lake Mountain. No skiing or snowboarding
We do also offer transfers to Mt Buller, Falls Creek and Mt Hotham. We will drop you at the main car park. You will need to take an oversnow taxi to reach your accommodation.Please email us for availability and a quote
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
Mount Buller is a resort village in eastern Victoria, Australia with an elevation of 1,805 m. Mt Buller is approx. 225 km from Melbourne, known for its downhill ski slopes and terrain parks. Mountain peaks, waterfalls and high plains characterise the nearby Alpine National Park.
Excellent. Really glad our trip to Mt. Buller went ahead, despite the low number of people on tour. Walter was very considerate. Highly recommended. It was an awesome experience!!
Date of experience: August 2019 527ethel Queensland, Australia
Mt Buller Day Tour Very professional service. Highly recommend using Walter’s company to travel up to the snow. I will use him again next year.
Date of experience: August 2017 artsbar Melbourne, Australia
Amazing day trip to Mt Buller!! Great trip to Mt Buller! Walter runs an amazing business filled with lots of helpful information and is great at making sure you get the most value and time out of your tour! So friendly and comfortable! We were staying right in the city so easy pick up and drop off! Snooze while Mr Walter takes you to your destination and sorts you out with a discount on all the snow gear you could need! Great day at Mt Buller – would recommend tobogganing if it’s your first time and you’re only there for the day! Great site seeing lift available and the place is just great! Then you’ll get back to Melbourne in no time with Walter making everything so easy and enjoyable! (Was a great birthday present for my boyfriend who hadn’t been to the snow before) suitable for family, friends, couples or solo if you’re game!
Date of experience: August 2016 ellenb133 Sydney, Australia