In And Around Melbourne
Let us point out some of Melbourne city’s landmarks. We then take you to two inner city suburbs to explore the beauty that Melbourne has to offer.
Suitable for all ages
- See the highlights of the inner city of Melbourne
- View the famous beach huts along Brighton Beach
- Travel over the famous West gate bridge
- Visit historical Williamstown
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 10 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- After collecting you from your hotel we take a slow drive through the city downtown area
- We point out some of our famous landmarks and buildings
- We then head down to St Kilda to explore the beach area and visit the famous beach huts along Brighton Beach
- We then travel over the Westgate Bridge to visit historical Williamstown, where you will get great views looking back to the city
- Then we head back to the city
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 4 pm
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
82 distinctive bathing boxes, a row of uniformly proportioned wooden structures lining the foreshore at Brighton Beach. The Brighton Bathing Boxes do have a lot of history behind them. In fact, they were built more than 100 years ago when Australians were a little more modest and were used by women for privacy when changing into their swimwear. The bathing boxes remain almost unchanged, all retain classic Victorian architectural features with timber framing, weatherboards and corrugated iron roofs. Even today, the boxes don’t have running water or electricity, keeping with their 1800s style.