Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary
Spend 4 hours exploring the 70 acre bushland that Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary as to offer. Experience close-up encounters with some of Australia’s unique and endearing wildlife, including koalas, kangaroos, wombats, emus, dingoes, birds of prey and platypus.Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary which is regarded as one of Australia best sanctuaries.Healesville Sanctuary is also home to the Australian Wildlife Centre, a hospital which treats more than 2000 sick and injured native animals every year.Set in a beautiful natural environment, the Sanctuary offers a place for people and animals to reconnect with nature from creek to canopy, and plays a critical role in saving some of the world’s most endangered animals.
Suitable for all ages
- Spend 4 hours exploring the best wildlife park in Victoria
- See most of Australian native animals
- Watch a show or two
- Lesson to the ranger’s talks
- Arrive early, no crowds and animals are active
- Visit the Animal hospital
- Learn all about Australian wonderful animals
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free entry to Healesville wildlife Sanctuary
- Depart Melbourne at 8 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- We drive east of Melbourne directly to Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, just in time for the 9am opening
- By arriving early has many advantages, we are there before the large crowd, the animal are more active in the early morning
- For the next 4 hours you will be able to wonder and explore the 70 acre bushland haven to experience close-up encounters with some of Australia’s unique and endearing wildlife, including koalas, kangaroos, wombats, emus, dingoes, birds of prey and platypus
- Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary which is regarded as one of Australia best sanctuaries
- Healesville Sanctuary is also home to the Australian Wildlife Centre, a hospital which treats more than 2000 sick and injured native animals every year
- There are various presentations and shows for you to choose from including the Spirits of the Sky for you to enjoy
- There are picnic facilities or bistro for lunch (own expense)
- Healesville Sanctuary also offer a variety of Closeup Encounters. and Wombat Pat and Play. Please note the the Wanding with Platypus is normally booked out 6 months in advance
- At 1.15pm we say Goodbye to all the animals and head back to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 2.30 pm
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
Healesville Sanctuary is internationally renowned for its work saving endangered Australian species. Wander through the tranquil tracks and meet over 200 species of Australian animals, including the iconic koalas, kangaroos, platypus, dingoes, wombats and emus in their natural surrounds.
Great trip to Healesville Sanctuary. What a great trip to Healesville Sanctuary. We arrived in our small group as the park opened, having called in for coffee and cakes at the local bakery. We vitrually had the park to ourselves for the first hour, and the animals were being fed, so we’re very active. We saw tree kangaroos and wombats close up and paid extra to feed kangaroos and echidnas. Later in the morning the animals were all asleep and far less interesting. Thanks go to Walter Edgar for a great trip and for interesting commentary plus a very friendly experience. Completely recommend it – a highlight of our stay in Melbourne.
Date of experience: February 2019 Keith H
Healesville animal sanctuary. Walter did a great tour, also a chocolate factory. 5 star tour. loved it. Had plenty of time to walk around and see the animals.
4Penny Dec. 2018 San Diego, California4
Healesville Sanctuary. I was looking for a way to get to Healesville Sanctuary from a cruise. I am glad that I found Walter. He was very helpful and informative. The trip was great. Besides driving our small group there he explained the area to us on the way. Once we arrived at the sanctuary he made sure we didn’t need anything and was there to take us back to the ship. Had a nice stop at a chocolate factory on the way back. I would definitely recommend him.
Mary C Dec. 2018