Grampians Halls Gap
The Grampians National Park is in the north west of Victoria. Famous for its series of five spectacular sandstone ridges running north to south with steep and craggy slopes on the eastern side and gentler slopes to the west, the Grampians are the result of earth movements lifting and tilting the hard sandstones to create an impressive landscape of peaks and valleys. Native animals run freely around the region; you will see lots of kangaroos, bird species and other creatures in an around Halls Gap. Let us show you the dazzling waterfalls, wildlife and awe-inspiring and lookouts of this awesome area.
Suitable for all ages
- Explore the wonders of the Grampians
- Take the step down to the base of Mckenzie’s Falls
- Enjoy the views from the various lookouts
- Visit the Aboriginal Culture Centre
- Enjoy an ice cream in the gardens of Hall’s Gap village centre
- Free pick ups from most city hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Free park entry
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 6.30 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- (We stay ahead of the other buses allowing you to enjoy the stops)
- Travelling west out of Melbourne we head directly to the Grampians, arriving at approx 9.30am
- We head straight up the mountain stopping at some of the best lookouts
- Our first stop is Boroka Lookout. Here you will get great views over the village of Halls Gap
- When then head onto Reed Lookout and The Balconies(formely know as the Jaws of Death)
- Our final lookout for the morning is the McKenzie Falls (400 steps to the bottom)
- Remember to lookout for the vast number of wild life including kangaroos and wallabies. Many varieties of bird life including cockatoos frequent Halls Gap and surrounding area
- After the lookout we head down the mountain to the local village Halls Gap
- This will be our lunch stop (lunch at own cost)
- Chance to browse the local shops, buy ice cream or some local fudge
- After lunch our last stop is the Aboriginal Culture Centre, where you get to learn about some of the history of the Grampians
- Finally we make our way back to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 7 pm
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
The iconic and spectacular MacKenzie Falls is one of the largest waterfalls in Victoria.Flowing all year round, water cascades over huge cliffs into a deep pool, sending fine sprays of rainbow mist high into the air above a stunning gorge.