Bendigo Echuca The Mighty Murray
Suitable for all ages
- Visit 2 country towns
- Self guided above ground mine tour
- Guided underground tour of mine
- Travel aboard the talking tram of Bendigo
- Explore the historic village of Echuca
- Relax aboard a paddle steamer on the Murray river
- Free pick ups from most City hotels/hostels
- Free chilled water (remember to bring your own water bottle)
- Entry to the talking tram
- Entry to the underground gold mine tour
- Entry to the paddle steamer
We pickup from most Melbourne city locations and a few places in St Kilda. Most of our pickups are early, the reason for this is to avoid the traffic and depart Melbourne nice and early. We aim to stay ahead of other tour busses, so that when we reach our lookouts they are not crowded. We aim to give you the best possible experience.
All our vehicles are small 12 seater mini busses, with our logo ‘Around And About’ on the side. Please be ready 5 minutes prior to your pickup time. Bus might be slightly late due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances. Please keep a look out for your bus. Your pickup details will be on your confirmation email. Below is a list of our most common pickup locations and times. If your location is not listed, email us your details and we can advice the closet pickup spot for you.
At the end of the tour we will drop off only in the Melbourne city, we don’t do any St Kilda, Southbank or surrounding suburbs drop offs. We will endeavour to drop you as close as possible to your original pickup but this is not always possible due to traffic. Melbourne does offer a very good tram service that is free within the city area. Sometimes a short tram ride is the quickest way to get back to your accommodation. We look forward in taking you Around And About and showing your what our wonderful State of Victoria has to offer.
- Depart Melbourne at 6.30 am
- Note: Pickup starts 45 minutes prior to departure time
- We travel directly north to the river town of Echuca
- You will have chance to explore the historical village
- Here you will experience a fantastic cruise onboard a historic paddle steamer along the mighty Murray River (included)
- After the paddle steamer it is time for lunch (own expense)
- We then continue south west to Bendigo where you will embark on a 1 hour underground gold mine tour
- After a coffee break (own expense) you will board a talking tram for a tour on the history of Bendigo
- The Tram will stop to allow you to explore the old tram yards where various trams are on display
- Finally we then return directly back to Melbourne
- Arrive in Melbourne at approx 6.30 pm
- Note this tour sometime operates in the reverse order (Bendigo first, then Echuca) due to availability of paddle steamer
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Camera (spare battery and memory card – you will need it)
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable walking shoes
The Murray River is Australia’s longest river, at 2,508 kilometres. It stretches from the mountains of the Great Dividing Range in north-eastern Victoria to near Adelaide in South Australia. The Murray is continuously navigable for 1986 kilometres from Goolwa to Yarrawonga. The Murray river is the third longest navigable river on the planet, with only the Amazon and Nile Rivers ahead of it.
Review of: Bendigo, Echuca & The Mighty Murray
Excellent trip, enjoy the view of the countryside out of Melbourne. Lucky enough to see a Kangaroo! The visit to the beautiful Murray river on a paddle boat is lovely as is Echuca. Also the trip on a vintage tram is a treat. There is also a very interesting and informative tour of the Deborah gold mine, All this done by a professional, friendly and informative guide. Would highly recommend, everyone so friendly, would love to come back!
Date of experience: February 2020 keithsK511AP East Kilbride, United Kingdom